Root Tecno Camon C8 After Upgrading To Marshmallow 6.0
Just Recently, Tecno released Android 6.0 update for its Camon C8 flagship and many have been able to port to the new update but for the lovers of a rooted Android device, the newly released update seems to make their Android device incomplete without root permission.
Goodnews to C8 users, TeamHovatek has released CWM recovery for Tecno Camon C8 running on Marshmallow 6.0, thereby making the rooting process very possible and easy for all C8 users running Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
The Below guide will help you to successfully root your Camon C8 running on Android Marshmallow 6.0, follow the steps carefully.
How To Root Your Tecno Camon C8 After Upgrading To Marshmallow 6.0 Using ClockwokMod Recovery Method
- Install VCOM drivers on your PC using the instructions here
- Download SuperSU 2.66.zip from here
- Copy SuperSU.zip to both the root folder of your SD card and internal storage
- Download CWM for Tecno C8 Marshmallow 6.0 ported by TeamHovatek here
- Now, switch off the mobile phone completely (still with battery inside)
- Flash the Clockworkmod recovery.img to the mobile phone using SP Flash tool method. See how to flash/ install custom recovery using Sp flashtools.
- After flashing or installing CWM recovery, boot the phone into recovery mode using the Volume up button + the Power button for approximately 5sec.
- In Clockworkmod recovery mode, you use the Volume up button to scroll up, Volume down button to scroll down and Power button to select your desired option.
- Scroll down to Install zip and select it
- Select Choose zip from storage/sdcard1
- Navigate to the location you kept the SuperSu.zip file and select it
- Select Yes – Install SuperSU to confirm flashing process
- Wait till flashing process is complete
- Return to the home screen (using the back option) then select Reboot
- If CWM offers to help you fix a missing Root, select No
- Confirm to make sure Root is done by installing and running Root Checker
It’s as simple as that. If you encounter any problems you can ask questions using the comment box below. Hope this helps.
ALL CREDIT TO: